15 de abril de 2014

2014 Language Freak Summer Challenge


It's a challenge started by In my Book. You can sign up here.

I have a few foreign books sitting on my shelf, so this is a great excuse to start them.

I'll do the Advanced level (read 3+ books in any foreign language) and the Crazy Linguist level (read at least 1 book in each foreign language you know).

My native language is Spanish, but I also speak English, German and French. Technically, I would not be able to count English and German for this challenge as I speak both of them quite well, but I'm going to count German because it's been ages since I read a book in German and I have some that have been sitting on my shelf for several years.

For this challenge, I'm going to read some books in French and in German. I'm not going to review them in German or French though, because reviews in three languages in the same post would be a bit too much.

---

Es un reto creado por In my Book. Te puedes apuntar aquí.

Tengo unos cuantos libros en lenguas extranjeras en mi estantería, así que este reto es una muy buena excusa para leerlos de una vez.

Voy ha hacer el nivel "Advance" (leer 3+ libros en una lengua extranjera) y el "Crazy Linguist" (leer al menos uno en cada lengua extranjera que conozca).

Mi lengua materna es español, pero también hablo inglés, alemán y francés. Técnicamente, no puedo contar libros en inglés o alemán porque hablo bien los dos idiomas, pero voy a contar el alemán, porque hace siglos que no leo un libro en ese idioma y tengo algunos que llevan varios años en mi estantería.

Para este reto voy a leer libros en francés y alemán. Sin embargo, no voy a escribir las reseñas en alemán o francés porque reseñas en tres idiomas en la misma entrada sería ya demasiado.

11 comentarios:

  1. Welcome! That's a lot of languages that you know, awesome! I will also probably read something in German, and at least two books in Spanish. Will you check my grammar? :) It must be awful, as I haven't practiced it for three years!

    I totally understand that it's already too much work to write reviews in two languages and than add two more! What I do is that I write the main part in English, and add just a couple of sentences in a language in question. That's much easier than to write a whole review!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Sure :)

      That's a good idea! I hadn't thought of it, but I could write a short conclusion in German or French.

      Eliminar
  2. Sounds like a great challenge!! The last German book I read was by Hermann Hesse. Mein deutsch ist nicht gut :(

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. You could try easier books, like YA novels, to improve it. It's what I'm going to do with French.

      Eliminar
    2. Hesse?? And you say your German is not good??? I don't believe! :)

      Eliminar
  3. I'm so glad to find your blog, Hellen. I'm going to be reading children's books to make it easier on myself. I'm so impressed that you know so many languages fluently. I only wish I was so proficient!

    Thanks for doing the bilingual post! I was able to practice my Spanish! :-)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Which book do you plan to read in German? :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I don't have a final list, but I have a few CSI novels that I still haven't read even though I bought them years ago, a Torchwood novel, a Primeval novel, a few thrillers and the first book in the Vampire Academy series. I have more than a few unread books...

      Eliminar
    2. Torchwood! I know there are Doctor Who novels but I've never heard of Torchwood novels, that's really cool :D

      Eliminar
    3. There are around 20 in English, but as far as I know, only the first three have been translated into German so far.

      Eliminar