23 de abril de 2016

Dewey's 24-hour read-a-thon


I'll post all of this in Spanish later in order to spend more time reading now. 

Hour 1:

Opening Meme
  1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Spain
  2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I don't really have a stack. Just some books and comic books that I'll read depending on what I'm in the mood for.
  3. Which snack are you most looking forward to? None? I don't usually eat snacks. If it gets colder, I'll definitely get some hot chocolate or fruit tea.
  4. Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a student who loves to read fantasy and mysteries. I'm a big fan of tv shows, especially Doctor Who and LOST. Also, I love Detective Conan! If you know any similar mangas/animes, please let me know.
  5. If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what's one thing you'll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? It's not my first read-a-thon, although I didn't participate in the last one. To be honest, I don't know what I would change. Probably nothing.

Hour 7:

I'm still reading Detctive Conan mangas and procrastinating instead of reading. I really should finish a library book though, but I'll leave that one for later. Maybe...

Mini challenge: #READBLOCK
The thing that stops me from reading most is being busy with other things, usually uni assignements or chores. I didn't appreciate my free time enough when I was still in high school.


Hour 24:
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 11. I was so tired that I went to bed.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? An exact list would be difficult because everybody has different interests, but I would recommend anything with a lot of mystery to keep you reading.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? Change the time for every read-a-thon, so that everybody gets a chance at a more convenient start.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The twitter questions.
  5. How many books did you read? Only one real book, but many comic books.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? The comic books were all Detective Conan. The book is The Kill Order by James Dashner.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? Some of the Detective Conan files. The Kill Order is ok and I'm enjoying it much more than the rest of The Maze Runner series, but Detective Conan has always been one of my favourite series.
  8. Which did you enjoy least? The Kill Order, but only by process of elimination and if we are considering each comic book as one book. Some of the Detective Conan files (each tome has several stories) were not that great.
  9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Very likely if I'm not busy on that day. Only as a reader though.

1 comentario:

  1. Conan! :D I read several scans of Detective Conan online wayy back when and have always wanted to revisit them. Such fun little mysteries.

    24-hour read-a-thons have always intrigued me. Perhaps someday in the near future I'll be able to fit one into my schedule. Should be fun. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ResponderEliminar